Monday, June 9, 2008

Why my lungs hate me

I actually don't know why. I don't know if it's the heat, or if it's the fact that I breathed in grass and air and dirt and dust all weekend, or if it's just because my lungs think it's funny. Either way, I can't breathe for all the coughing and my doctor thought it would be great fun to go on vacation this week. So I'm taking Mucinex, which doesn't work, but does make your pee stink, in case you wanted to know. BLECH. I hate feeling like crap. Plus I've slept at least 12 hours every night since Thursday and I still feel like I could sleep until next Friday, skipping most meals and everything in between.

And now that I've brought you down a few notches from whatever sunny, optimistic place you were in, I'll tell you that misery loves company. Welcome! I watched Regis and Kelly this morning, and I have to say that Mario Lopez, who guest-hosted since Regis is probably off at the Fountain of Youth getting his weekly tonic, is cute to look at but HORRIBLE to listen to. His voice got all high lately. When he was AC Slater on Saved by the Bell, I really don't remember his voice being so high, nor do I remember him being so girly. But today, he giggled. Ew. What a turnoff. On the other hand, I also watched Rachael Ray and am more in love with Mariska Hargitay that I already was. (If you're completely ignorant and live in a hole and don't watch Law & Order: SVU, she's the lady cop on there. She's fab.) Not only does she have great hair, she's also really funny. And she's best friends with Hilary Swank, who took her to Paris for her birthday.

I'm going back to bed now, where it's snuggly and comfy and where nobody cares if I cough all over everything. Enjoy your day...wherever you're spending it. I'll post an update later on Guiding Light, or Ellen, or Oprah or whatever it is I decide to watch after my nap.

No comments: