Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's Barack Obama Day

Tonight I was listening to the news, and I heard Charlie Gibson say, "And now Tom Joyner offers his perspective on today's events..." And then I hear Tom Joyner say, "Today is Barack Obama Day. Even if you're out there pumping $80 worth of gas in your Civic, it's still Barack Obama Day."

Tom, I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Yes, it's an historic event. And yes, today is all about Barack Obama (I loved when he told the story of calling his grandmother to give her the news). But Tom, $80 worth of gas in my Civic really has not much to do with Obama, and despite the day's events, I'm pretty sure that unless it's Christmas and Santa left me a money tree, I'm not celebrating anything in light of the $80 in gas. Just so you know.

In other news, Poofy came by with the baby today and he has the most hilarious hair I've ever seen on...anybody. Baby or not. I loved on him for a while and then BB came by to hold him and it was remarkable how much that kid calmed down when Brian had him. He kept looking straight up into his face, he took his little fists and clutched Brian's shirt and he looked so peaceful. And then Brian shot me that look, and I know there's a baby conversation looming somewhere in my future, I'm just not sure when it's going to pop up and surprise me.

Also, a big fat glass cutting board fell on my head tonight. It slid right off the counter and right onto my head (I was leaning down to close a cabinet) and BRIAN WATCHED. He just sat there and watched! Luckily I have a hard head. And in spite of the delicious pork tenderloin he grilled and the yummy new potatoes he roasted, I ignored him during supper. Who just watches a glass square fall on someone's head?! Brian, that's who.

I'm going to watch "The Bachelorette" now. It makes me feel better about myself, and I need to feel better about my baby-less, goose-egg-head self. Even though I don't want babies. And goose eggs are hot.

No comments: